Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner releasing in September
Konami’s Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner latest demo is now available on PlayStation 4 and Steam. For those unfamiliar with the title, the game originally came out on PlayStation 2 back in 2003. Created and produced by Hideo Kojima, this giant robot action game is making a return with its remake on September 4.
What to expect in The 2nd Runner?
The new version of the game will include 4K support as well as VR. The layout models and environments will be the same but with upgraded textures. As for the story, there are no changes to it. Having tested out the demo, we’re happy to report that the graphics surprised us – in a good way. It still has the feel of the original game but is a lot smoother and looks fantastic.
Adding VR support is probably the best inclusion in this new version. This will be playable either with PlayStation VR or Steam VR. Can you imagine flying around in your own mech virtually? Sounds pretty awesome.
Apart from the visual polish, the new version of the game also comes with remastered audio and several other features as well.
New features in the remaster
In a bid to make gameplay more enjoyable for beginners, a new difficulty level has been added. The brand new “VERY EASY” mode features improve tutorials as well. However, if you’re a veteran, other new features have been added to enhance playability. Check them out:
- Optional “Pro Mode” controller setup lets player select sub-weapons faster
- “Very Easy” difficulty setting offers an alternative option for players who wish to enjoy the cinematic experience of the game’s story or are new to VR
- Various training modules plus mini-map.
- Additional VR content:
- 3D Hangar: Interact with Jehuty in VR.
- 3D Model Viewer: Check out various 3D models of your mech in full 360 degrees
- Cinematic Theater: Re-watch any story sequence after game completion, available in full VR.
If you’re unsure about picking up Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner, as mentioned above, there’s a demo out now that you can try. It is available on both PlayStation 4 and Steam. The game itself will be releasing on September 6.