How to play Maplestory 2 in SEA region (with picture guides)

Previously, we showed you how to download Maplestory 2 if you happen to live outside of North and South America, Oceania and Europe. If you haven’t done that yet, go download the game first by following the steps in this guide. This article will show you how to play Maplestory 2 SEA. These steps must be done every time you want to play the game so feel free to bookmark this guide!
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk! We’re only showing you what works for us, we are not to be held responsible should you experience technical difficulties.
Update: New password – 283swrn . Please check VPNBook on your own if you get “Wrong Credentials”.

How to play Maplestory 2 in SEA

Make sure to do these every time you want to play or you’re going to encounter errors. Assuming you have followed the download guide and have everything downloaded, we’re only focusing on steps to launch the game. If you hadn’t downloaded the required software, please refer to this guide.
RELATED: How to download Maplestory 2 in SEA

• Start OpenVPN GUI.
  • Right-click on the OpenVPN GUI icon and connect to vpnbook-us1-tcp443.
    • username: vpnbook
      password: 5bhea6u
  • Open up your Nexon Launcher and log in.
  • Click on Play and wait 84 years for the game to launch because of how slow the VPN is.
  • Once the launch successfully passes the Nexon security, go to your system tray and right-click on the OpenVPN icon.

Important steps to get the game to work:

• After the Nexon security thingy disappears from the bottom right of your screen – count to ten (sometimes six or seven, find your number!) and disconnects quickly from the VPN.
  • Wait for another short while and the Maplestory 2 logo should pop up and you’re good to go!

RELATED: How to update Maplestory 2 in SEA
There you go, now you can play Maplestory 2 even if you’re not from US/OCE/EU! Remember to do this every time you want to play the game or you risked messing up your client. We also suggest playing on the Oceanic server if you’re from Southeast Asia or Asia in general for the minimum ping. Have fun leveling up in the new Maplestory world!

57 Comments

• Trackback: How to download Maplestory 2 SEA (with picture guides) - Best In Slot
  • Syafuan Tay
    Posted 16/10/2018 6:10 pm -1Likes

After i select ocean server, there pop out says please make sure launcher is running and log in, so i press ok, the game close suddenly, but my launcher is running and log in..so how?

Posted 16/10/2018 7:06 pm 0Likes

Hi Syafuan! Make sure you disconnect from the VPN after the security thingy pops up. Refer to the 2 important steps highlighted in red above

• Kv
    Posted 16/10/2018 9:07 pm 0Likes

hI Eri.. The game downloaded n launches fine but when i choose Oceania or any other servers it says unable to connect .. What do i do please help 🙂

Posted 16/10/2018 10:15 pm 0Likes

Hi Kv! Make sure you disconnect from the VPN after the security thingy pops up. Refer to the 2 important steps highlighted in red above 🙂

• Mictlantecutli
        Posted 23/10/2018 6:41 pm 0Likes

I USED CYBERGHOST VPN WHICH IS QUITE GOOD FAST VPN TOO TO DOWNLOAD THE GAME WITHOUT TURNING IT OFF, COMPLETED AND INTSALLED THE GAME THEN THIS PROBLEM OCCURED FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS THAT I DOWNLOADED THE GAME I STILL CANNOT LOGIN TO THE SERVERS,
        I CANNOT FIX UNABLE TO CONNECT ERROR CODE: 10060
        Eri Gaito HELP MY DUDE HOW CAN I FIX THIS
        UNABLE TO CONNECT ERROR CODE: 10060
        I DONT KNOW HOW I TRIED THE STEPS IN MS2 SITE WITH THE INTERNET OPTION ALREADY DONE IT
        I TRIED TURNING OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL DID NOT WORK
        BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX AND ENABLE IT FROM FIREWALL THE PAGE CALLED ugc.maplestory2.nexon.net
        I CANNOT FIND IN THE INTERNET FOR SPECIFIC GUIDES
        THE PAGE COULD BE THE PROBLEM
        DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ?
        HOW COME U DID NOT GET THIS UNABLE TO CONNECT 10060 THING

Posted 23/10/2018 6:49 pm 0Likes

These error codes refer to your Firewall blocking a MapleStory 2 page.
        To resolve this, please temporarily disable your Firewall before launching MapleStory 2. You can also add an exception to your firewall to the following page: ugc.maplestory2.nexon.net
        Should the error persist, then please adjust your Internet Options:
        Open Control Panel
        Locate and click on “Internet Options”
        Navigate to the Advanced tab
        Search through the Settings and locate a Security option for “Do not save encrypted pages to disk”
        Un-check this checkbox
        Click on “Apply” and “OK” to save changes

• Kyle Clarin
        Posted 23/10/2018 6:46 pm 0Likes

I CANNOT FIX UNABLE TO CONNECT ERROR CODE: 10060
        Eri Gaito HELP MY DUDE HOW CAN I FIX THIS
        UNABLE TO CONNECT ERROR CODE: 10060
        I TRIED TURNING OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL DID NOT WORK
        I CANNOT FIND IN THE INTERNET FOR SPECIFIC GUIDES
        THE PAGE COULD BE THE PROBLEM
        DO YOU KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS ?
        HOW COME U DID NOT GET THIS UNABLE TO CONNECT 10060 THING

Posted 23/10/2018 6:49 pm 0Likes

These error codes refer to your Firewall blocking a MapleStory 2 page.
        Should the error persist, then please adjust your Internet Options:
        Open Control Panel
        Locate and click on “Internet Options”
        Navigate to the Advanced tab
        Un-check this checkbox
        Click on “Apply” and “OK” to save changes

• kyle espino
        Posted 23/10/2018 8:10 pm 0Likes

lol DUDE U JUST GAVE ME THAT FIX THEY WERE SAYING IN THE PAGE
        THE THING IS I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO ADD EXCEPTION TO THE UGC.MAPLE THINGY IN THE FIREWALL HOW U DID YOURS?I NEED PROPER STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL ON HOW.
        I TRIED DISABLBING FREWALL TOO BUT ITS UNABLE TO CONNECT ERROR 10060 AGAIN AND I TRIED THE INTERNET OOPTIONS ALREADY SO PROBABLY I JUST NEED THE TUTORIAL ON HOW TO EXCEPT THE PAGE UGC.MAPLE

Posted 23/10/2018 9:22 pm 0Likes

I dont actually get that error :/ Maybe try another VPN ? Where are you connecting from?

• kyle espino
        Posted 23/10/2018 8:31 pm 0Likes

I tried entering in the browser the page ugc.maplestory2.nexon.net
        IT shows in my browser access denied and some error words so it might be the problem but the thing is i cannot find turorial on how to exempt ugc.maplestory2.nexon.net in windows firewall i dont have any fire wall installed too.

Posted 23/10/2018 9:21 pm 0Likes

Where are you from? As in which location you’re connecting from ?

• Kyle Clarin
        Posted 23/10/2018 8:41 pm 0Likes

HOW CAN I FIX THIS I CANNOT SEE AN OOPTION TO DISABLE OR EXEMPT ugc.maplestory2.nexon.net FROM THE WINDOWS FIREWALL JUST HOW LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF IF U CAN FIND IT

• Vinzerk
    Posted 17/10/2018 11:02 am 0Likes

This worked but its not consistent, Launcher saw through the VPN for some reason. I was able to play last night and when I tried it again this morning, I launched OpenVPN, connected to vpnbook-us1-tcp443 then the connected notification popped up. I launched the game, logged in and the Launch button for MS2 is now disabled. Tried to close the nexon launcher, made sure its all closed in system tray and task manager. Relaunched the game, now it wont let me log in. I just got banned real quick. This method isnt really reliable. You may be able to play for months on end and get extra strong but one day you may lose it all if you or the VPN will fuck up. I’m losing all hope to play this game, I cant go play on Korea or China server cause I dont speak those languages, and even if I use english patch. I cant speak to anyone I doubt there are english speaking players there. Thanks for this guide though, really wanted to play MS2 so badly. I guess we just have to wait for Garena to show up and launch MS2 SEA. Saddddddddddddddddddddd lifffffffffffeeee for SEA MMORPG Gamers. This happens to almost every game. We need not only deal with high ping from the server regions but also from region locks! This sucks, I hope when my son’s/daugther’s time will come they wont have to suffer this as I did.

Posted 18/10/2018 9:52 am 0Likes

Hey Vin ! Do you mind coming to our Discord so I can help you out ? Its been working consistently for me . I know how to fix your problem .

• Vinzerk
        Posted 18/10/2018 3:23 pm 0Likes

Update: My account was only restricted to be logged in, I was able to log in again last night.
        Btw, im on discord if you can help me out with the new issue, its saying wrong credentials even if i used the login info you provided above. 😀

• Dave
    Posted 17/10/2018 1:50 pm 0Likes

I’m not getting a security thingy at all , the logo just pops up whenever

Posted 18/10/2018 9:57 am 0Likes

Can you log in the game then ?

• Vinzerk
      Posted 18/10/2018 3:24 pm 0Likes

I dont get the security thingy too, All i do is i just disconnect right after the ms2 logo popsup

• Alrev
    Posted 17/10/2018 4:06 pm 0Likes

do you have another recom free vpn?

• Anonymous
    Posted 18/10/2018 2:00 am 0Likes

Thank you senpai. It works.

• poopie
    Posted 18/10/2018 1:53 pm 0Likes

keep getting wrong credentials error for the vpn

Posted 18/10/2018 3:05 pm 0Likes

Hey there , could you join our discord real quick so I can help you out?

• Vinzerk
        Posted 18/10/2018 3:22 pm 0Likes

I got this too just now. Im on discord 😀

• Kelvin
        Posted 18/10/2018 4:27 pm 0Likes

I too received the same message for this. Do you mind sharing your discord or is it private to only particular members? Thanks!

Posted 18/10/2018 4:43 pm 0Likes

Hi Kelvin ! I just updated the post with the new VPN pw , please try the new pw , it should work 🙂

• Kelvin
        Posted 19/10/2018 4:19 pm 0Likes

Thank you, Eri!! It works now. Cheers! 🙂

Posted 19/10/2018 4:30 pm 0Likes

No problem ! Happy mapling and remember to share w your friends 😛

• pon
    Posted 19/10/2018 11:50 pm 0Likes

anyone here got guild for maplesea

Posted 20/10/2018 12:03 am 0Likes

There’s currently no SEA version out yet . This is the only way for us to play for now > <

• Sheepp (@SpazeSheepp)
    Posted 20/10/2018 3:25 am 0Likes

Help! Having Wrong credentials issue

• Sheepp (@SpazeSheepp)
    Posted 20/10/2018 3:29 am 0Likes

Help! Wrong credentials issue.

• Yellow Mage
    Posted 20/10/2018 1:40 pm 0Likes

when i activate the game, it say that i am playing then after few minutes, i had to press play again and this cycle continues, why?

• buriburi
    Posted 22/10/2018 1:13 pm 0Likes

hello, i have managed to enter the game previously. now, there is one time i clicked the launcher too early (before the vpn is fully connected:( ). now, i cant reactivate the account through the vpn. it says “access temporarily revoked due to abnormal login attempt”. but if i reactivate without the vpn, it can be done without any problem. but when i tried to login again, it says to reactivate the account. kindly please help, also is there any discord link or something

• Mictlantecutli
    Posted 23/10/2018 6:30 pm 0Likes

HELP ERI GAITO

• Trackback: How to update Maplestory 2 in SEA region (with picture guides) - Best In Slot
  • Isa and his Coffee
    Posted 26/10/2018 5:12 pm 0Likes

Why dowe have to suffer just to playthis game

• Fizzy
    Posted 05/11/2018 2:26 am 0Likes

Hi, I followed the instruction and managed to play the game without any problem, then I stopped for several days and now when I wanted to connect to the VPN, it said incorrect credential / failed to connect to vpnbook-us1-tcp443

Posted 05/11/2018 10:39 am 0Likes

There’s a new password, check the post for updated ones . Alternatively, when you encounter this error you can go to vpnbook.com and check for new password there as well.

• Fizzy
        Posted 05/11/2018 12:41 pm 0Likes

I used the updated password, but it still say “connecting to vpnbook-us1-tcp443 failed” 🙁

• Fizzy
    Posted 05/11/2018 2:30 pm 0Likes

Nvm, I reinstalled the VPN and now it’s working again. Thank you~

• Star Gazer
    Posted 20/11/2018 9:02 pm 0Likes

wrong credentials….is the password change again?

• Star Gazer
    Posted 20/11/2018 9:14 pm 0Likes

wrong credentials..is there a new password for vpnbook?

• huujiii1
    Posted 29/11/2018 5:15 pm 0Likes

thanks Eri! It worked. How to contact if theres a problem?

• huujiii1
    Posted 12/12/2018 9:03 pm 0Likes

What’s your discord? I got the error message ” wrong credentials ” It happens everytime?

• Kenneth
    Posted 05/01/2019 10:43 am 0Likes

what is the latest password for VPN i cant log in

%d bloggers like this: