Monster Hunter World Deviljho update goes live today making it the game’s first free DLC. Alongside the new monster, the game also receives a few quality-of-life improvements and several bug fixes. Hunters can now finally choose to return to the Gathering Hub after completing their quests! Though, that’s not the only change coming to Astera with this patch.
Gameplay Feature Changes / Additions
Apart from being able to choose to return to the Gathering Hub after finishing a quest, you’re now able to kick people from an online session. Other changes include:
- Data optimization to reduce loading time.
- Added “Text Size” setting.
- Change “Squad Session Search” to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” Functionality remains unchanged.
- Allies’ attack no longer interrupts during carving. Players are now immune to all hit reactions and bomb reactions during carving animation after quest completion.
- Scoutfly level gauge decrease after quest slightly reduced.
Game Balance Adjustments
Initially, Long Sword players assumed getting canceled out of their Spirit Helm Breaker was a normal thing. Only today did we find out that it was actually a bug. If you’re a Long Sword main, we’re happy to inform you that casting Spirit Helm Breaker will now render you immune to knockbacks! The immune window lasts until you land back on the ground. This applies to Switch Axe as well for Zero Sum discharge. Do note that you will still take damage if you get hit. You’re only immune to being canceled. Here are the rest of the changes:
- Increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Foresight Slash —
- Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Damage hitbox increased.
- Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
- Foresight Slash —
Sword & Shield
- Roundslash damage increase and improved slinger usability.
- Roundslash — Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Adjusted the stun values on charged attacks.
- Second Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Second Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Third Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
- General attack power increase.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).
- Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
- Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.
- Wyvern’s Fire — Damage increased.
- Zero Sum Discharge adjusted to make it easier to use.
- Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial.
- Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
- Improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
- Adjusted to be easier to use.
- Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Made the Demon Gauge easier to maintain.
- Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Dashing Shot — (Bug fix) Removed bug where Spread/Power Shots skill effect was being applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer — (Bug fix) Removed being able to shoot past attack’s angle limitation. Regardless of camera angle, the bow will now shoot straight.
Not sure how to unlock Deviljho quest? Find out here.